As per the Ontario Government's new testing guidelines, our COVID-19 Assessment Centre is no longer accepting new bookings for asymptomatic individuals. All scheduled appointments made on or before Thursday, September 24 will be honoured. For more information about our Assessment Centre, please visit our Centre page.
Patient Rights & Our Responsibilities
At Michael Garron Hospital (MGH), patients, family members, friends, staff, physicians, volunteers and learners are committed to working together to ensure care is safe, appropriate, patient-centred and consistent with our values of excellence, kindness and respect.
Patients, family members, friends, staff, physicians, volunteers and learners will:
- Provide and receive fair and compassionate treatment regardless of religion, ethnic origin, age, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation or disability
- Welcome family and friends to be involved in care, as desired by the patient
- Communicate clearly, openly and honestly
- Share information that will assist in making informed care and treatment decisions
- Listen to and value each other’s viewpoints and choices
- Respect each other’s privacy
- Create a safe place to have difficult conversations and to share successes and opportunities
- Work together to provide a safe environment
- Work together to continuously improve clinical programs, education, and the design of the care environment