As per the Ontario Government's new testing guidelines, our COVID-19 Assessment Centre is no longer accepting new bookings for asymptomatic individuals. All scheduled appointments made on or before Thursday, September 24 will be honoured. For more information about our Assessment Centre, please visit our Centre page.
Child & Adolescent Mental Health Outpatient Services
Michael Garron Hospital's outpatient services offer psychiatric consultations and evidence-based treatment options for children and youth to age 17 who have mental health conditions that are best addressed in a community hospital setting.
Primary care physicians can request an outpatient consultation to address the following mental health concerns:
- moderate to severe anxiety
- moderate to severe depression or other mood symptoms
- concerns about attention, hyperactivity and impulsivity
- to help make a clear diagnosis and provide treatment recommendations
- to review or discuss medication treatment
- to assess mental health concerns that are causing serious impairment in functioning (e.g. inability to attend school)
Other mental health concerns can be better addressed by our community mental health partners or specialized mental health clinics.
Our experienced and dedicated outpatient team includes an intake worker, social worker, outpatient nurse and child and adolescent psychiatrists, as well as psychiatry residents and other trainees.
All referrals are made by the primary care physician.
Referring physicians click here for information on our referral process.