As per the Ontario Government's new testing guidelines, our COVID-19 Assessment Centre is no longer accepting new bookings for asymptomatic individuals. All scheduled appointments made on or before Thursday, September 24 will be honoured. For more information about our Assessment Centre, please visit our Centre website.
If you are under the care of a doctor or midwife you can expect to leave the hospital within 24 hours after a vaginal delivery. If you have a caesarean birth, you can expect to leave the hospital 2-3 days after delivery.
- If you will be traveling by car, be sure that you have a car seat that meets Canadian standards and that is not expired.
- Your baby should see their doctor or midwife within two days of going home from the hospital.
- Continue to practice skin-to-skin with baby. This means having your baby naked (diaper only) and placed directly on the bare skin of either parent as long as possible.
- Familiarize yourself with the signs and symptoms of postpartum depression and how you can get help.
- Know where you can get support for breastfeeding.