As per the Ontario Government's new testing guidelines, our COVID-19 Assessment Centre is no longer accepting new bookings for asymptomatic individuals. All scheduled appointments made on or before Thursday, September 24 will be honoured. For more information about our Assessment Centre, please visit our Centre website.
Become a Patient Experience Partner at Michael Garron Hospital
Patient Experience Partners share their own ideas and points of view to ensure the voices of patients and families are heard, considered, and included at various points across the organization, to continuously improve programs, education, and the design of the care environment.
Patient Experience Partners participate in ways that best match their interests, experience, and availability. Some of the ways partners contribute at MGH include:
- Being members of hospital councils and committees
- Participating in focus groups
- Participating in hiring interviews for new staff
- Developing patient and family education material
- Participating on Patient Experience Panels
Qualities of a Patient Experience Partner
- passionate about enriching the healthcare experience for patients and families
- able to share your ideas and information about your experiences to help advance programs, services, and hospital priorities
- a good listener and communicator
- respectful of other people's opinions and perspectives
- able to share your thoughts and opinions in a group setting
- open to seeing beyond your own personal experiences
- able to promote the mission and values of MGH through positive interactions with staff, physicians, volunteers, and the community
- able to make the time commitment required
- able to read, write, and speak English. This requirement will vary depending on the role of the Patient Experience Partner. In some situations, being able to communicate with the assistance of a family member or caregiver is appropriate.
Then we are looking for you!
Become a Patient Experience Partner
If you or a family member have received care at MGH in the last three years, and would be interested in partnering with staff and physicians, please consider becoming a Patient Experience Partner.
- Time commitment: Varies depending on how involved you would like to be
- Travel: Parking Passes or TTC tokens will be provided
If you are interested in becoming a Patient Experience Partner at MGH, or if you would like to learn more about the role, please contact us:
- Email: @email
- Telephone: Manager, Volunteer Services @ 416-469-6580, Ext. 2324