As a member of The East Toronto Health Partners (ETHP), we are pleased to mark the next step in our journey to become an Ontario Health Team (OHT). On May 15, 2019, ETHP submitted a Self-Assessment for consideration to the Ontario Government to deliver integrated health care services to everyone living in our community, and any Ontarian who wishes to receive care in East Toronto.
Together, the ETHP provide a comprehensive basket of health and social services, tailored to meet changing local needs. We provide primary to acute care, food security to supportive housing, home-based healthcare and community support services, birth to end-of-life care, and settlement to employment. Our partnership is built on a legacy of trust in East Toronto, with a multi-decade track record of delivering ‘made in East Toronto’ solutions together with our partners for more than 20 years.
Together, we are:
- Patients, Families and Caregivers
- Michael Garron Hospital (Toronto East Health Network)
- Providence Healthcare (Unity Health)
- South Riverdale Community Health Centre (on behalf of East Toronto CHCs)
- VHA Home HealthCare (VHA)
- WoodGreen Community Services (WoodGreen)
- Toronto Central Local Health Integration Network (LHIN) Home and Community Care
- Primary care leadership committed to designing a Primary Care Network for East Toronto
At the centre of our model are the people we collectively serve; they were involved in the planning and design phases of this process, and are engaged as active members of the ETHP. As we evolve and expand our partnership model, we continue to follow a rigorous and inclusive engagement and co-design process to involve community members in East Toronto.
Our sincere gratitude and thanks to our partners that provided valuable insight and feedback in the early days of this process. This exciting and complex work takes a village and we look forward to continuing the conversation and working with all of our partners in the coming weeks and months to shape and design the future of health and community care in East Toronto.